Protect Yourself from the Prevalence of Diabetes and Oral Health Problems
Diabetes presents many health risks, but you may not be aware of how it can harm your dental health. Educate yourself about the relationship between diabetes and teeth.
Face the Facts about Diabetes and Periodontal Disease
Dental care specialists say that the problem with diabetes and teeth is how having diabetes can lead to dental distress. If your blood sugar level is not controlled, you run a much greater risk of developing major oral problems. Luckily, taking care of your teeth and managing your blood sugar level can protect you from these dental problems such as:
- The most severe type of gum disease called periodontal disease
- Dry mouth, which can lead to oral decay, infections, and ulcers
- A serious oral fungal infection called thrush
Avoid Complications with Diabetes and Teeth
Knowing the dental dangers of diabetes and periodontal disease, you need to pay close attention to managing your blood sugar and taking care of your smile. To prevent any issues with diabetes and oral health, follow these simple suggestions:
- Practice good dental hygiene at home, including brushing at least twice a day and flossing at least once a day.
- Have regular dental check-ups and cleanings. Go every six months, or more often if you have a history of diabetes and oral health problems.
- If you have dentures, make sure to remove and clean them each day.
- Don’t smoke.
- Control your blood sugar level.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Stockbridge, call Dental One Associates at Eagles Landing today at (770) 872-0728 or make an appointment.
Dental One Associates at Eagles Landing offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Stockbridge. Our office is conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Dental One Associates at Eagles Landing, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Dental One Associates at Eagles Landing.